Short Course in Search Engine Optimization
Medium of Teaching English (Explanation in Tamil will be given if necessary)
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is a critical digital marketing skill that helps businesses to increase their online visibility and attract more targeted traffic to their website. SEO involves a range of techniques and strategies that help search engines like Google to understand and rank your website based on its relevance, authority, and trustworthiness. In this SEO short course, you will learn the fundamental principles of SEO, including keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and content creation. You will also learn how to use various SEO tools and analytics platforms to track your progress and measure the effectiveness of your SEO campaigns.
Number of Students:
Participants of the course should not be less than 30 and more than 50
- Lectures/practical sessions will be held on Sundays from 9am to 4pm
- Lectures/practical classes will be conducted senior lecturers/ lecturers/ instructors
English (Explanations in Tamil / Sinhala can be given if necessary)
Achievement gained through this short course will be assessed three assessment tests (Assignment, Practical and Written) to be held at the end of this course. The pass mark of this test will be 40%.
- Certificate of attendance guaranteed for participants who attend at least 80% of this course.
- At the end of the curse, the performance level of a participant is assessed taking 50% from the marks obtained for the practical and 50% from the marks obtained from the Assignment. A student must obtain an average (overall mark) of 40% in order to be eligible for the certificate of proficiency.
- The certificate will be awarded on the completion of the course successfully in accordance with the minimum grade gained in each of the course components of the program.
- Introduction to SEO
- What it is and why it matters
- Keyword research
- How to identify the right keyword for your website
- On-page optimization
- How to optimize your website’s content and structure for SEO
- Off-page optimization
- Strategies for building links and improving your website’s authority
- Local SEO
- How to optimize your website for local search results
- Technical SEO
- Understanding the technical aspects of SEO
- Analytic and reporting
- How to measure and track the success of your SEO efforts
- Content marketing
- Creating valuable content that attracts links and improves your website’s visibility
- Social media and SEO
- How social media can impact your website’s search rankings
- SEO tools and resources
- A rundown of some of the most popular SEO tools and resources available
Information Technology Centre,
University of Vavuniya,
Tel: +94 773 248 283
For Info: https://vau.ac.lk/itc/