Short Course in Web page Development
Medium of Teaching English (Explanation in Tamil will be given if necessary)
Welcome to the and Google Sites short course overview! In this course, you will learn how to create a website using two popular website building platforms, and Google Sites. The course is designed for beginners who have little or no experience in web development. It covers the fundamentals of creating a website, including domain registration, hosting, and web design. The course will start introducing you to , a popular content management system used millions of websites worldwide. You will learn how to install on your web hosting, customize themes and plugins, and create pages and posts. Next, you will explore Google Sites, a free website builder offered Google. You will learn how to create a website from scratch, customize themes, and add text, images, and other media. Throughout the course, you will work on real-world examples and complete hands-on exercises to reinforce your learning. By the end of the course, you will have the skills and knowledge to create your own professional website using both and Google Sites.
Number of Students:
Participants of the course should not be less than 30 and more than 50
- Lectures/practical sessions will be held on Sundays from 9am to 4pm
- Lectures/practical classes will be conducted senior lecturers/ lecturers/ instructors
English (Explanations in Tamil / Sinhala can be given if necessary)
Achievement gained through this short course will be assessed three assessment tests (Assignment, Practical and Written) to be held at the end of this course. The pass mark of this test will be 40%.
- Certificate of attendance guaranteed for participants who attend at least 80% of this course.
- At the end of the curse, the performance level of a participant is assessed taking 50% from the marks obtained for the practical and 50% from the marks obtained from the Assignment. A student must obtain an average (overall mark) of 40% in order to be eligible for the certificate of proficiency.
- The certificate will be awarded on the completion of the course successfully in accordance with the minimum grade gained in each of the course components of the program.
- Introduction to
- Creating Content with
- Customizing with
- Extending with Plugins
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Introduction to Google Sites
- Creating Content
- Organizing Your Site
- Collaborating on Your Site
- Advanced Features
- Adding Google Drive files, forms, and calendars to your site
- Embedding videos and other external content
- Using Google Analytics to track site performance
Information Technology Centre,
University of Vavuniya,
Tel: +94 773 248 283 For Info: https://vau.ac.lk/itc/