Short Course in Enhancing ICT Skills for effective teaching
Medium of Teaching English (Explanation in Tamil will be given if necessary)
Welcome to the Short Course in Enhancing ICT Skills for Effective Teaching! In this course, you will learn how to use Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools and resources to enhance your teaching and improve student engagement and learning outcomes. The course is designed for teachers who want to integrate ICT into their teaching practices but have limited experience or knowledge in using ICT tools. It covers the basics of using ICT in the classroom, including computer hardware and software, educational apps and software, multimedia tools, and online resources. The course will start introducing you to the benefits of using ICT in teaching, including enhancing student engagement, improving accessibility, and promoting collaboration. You will learn how to use basic computer hardware and software, including operating systems, word processors, and presentation software.
Number of Students:
Participants of the course should not be less than 30 and more than 50
- Lectures/practical sessions will be held on Sundays from 9am to 4pm
- Lectures/practical classes will be conducted senior lecturers/ lecturers/ instructors
English (Explanations in Tamil / Sinhala can be given if necessary)
Achievement gained through this short course will be assessed three assessment tests (Assignment, Practical and Written) to be held at the end of this course. The pass mark of this test will be 40%.
- Certificate of attendance guaranteed for participants who attend at least 80% of this course.
- At the end of the curse, the performance level of a participant is assessed taking 50% from the marks obtained for the practical and 50% from the marks obtained from the Assignment. A student must obtain an average (overall mark) of 40% in order to be eligible for the certificate of proficiency.
- The certificate will be awarded on the completion of the course successfully in accordance with the minimum grade gained in each of the course components of the program.
- Introduction to digital tools and resources for teaching
- Creating engaging multimedia presentations
- Using learning management systems (LMS) to manage coursework and assessments.
- Best practice for online and blended learning
- Creating and administering online quizzes and tests
- Designing effective e-learning modules and courses
- Collaborative learning using online tools and platforms
- Using social media for educational purposes
- Effective communication with students using technology
- Using data and analytics to improve teaching and learning outcomes
- Utilizing the office 365 over traditional MS Office Package.
Information Technology Centre,
University of Vavuniya,
Tel: +94 773 248 283 For Info: https://vau.ac.lk/itc/