“Our disability makes our ability”
“To be the best disable friendly University without environmental, attitudinal, institutional and policy, communicational or cultural barrier which may be root cause of violation of education rights of students with disability and working rights of staff with disability”
“Making accessibilities and other facilities for all, especially focusing on persons with disability in order to protect and promote the education rights of students with disability and working rights of Staff with disability”
The overall goal of this center is to protect and promote the education rights of the students with disability and working rights of the staff with disability by providing them barrier free university society.
To achieve this goal, the center has the following specific objectives
1. To operate well equipped special services center for staff, students, and community members with disability.
2. To run such established center successfully along with university’s day to day operation.
2. Social rehabilitation related activities:
- a. Supports for education, sports, cultural activities etc.
- b. Economical rehabilitation related activities:
- c. Supports for 3% allocation in university employment opportunities etc.
2. Physical establishment of SCPD- completed.
3. Survey on persons with disability- started and ongoing.
4. Organizing awareness workshops for the staff and students- started and ongoing.
5. Development and implementation of 3% disability inclusion in employment opportunity in the university- started and ongoing.
6. Disability inclusion in university sports activities- not yet started.
7. Encouragement for disability inclusion in all faculties- not yet started.
8. Development of networks with national and international universities, other higher education institutions and donors- started and ongoing.
9. Initiating short term courses on disability by university- not yet started.
|Mrs. P. Godwin Phillip||Director/SCPD, University of Vavuniya|
|Dr. M. Malaravan||Member Council Nominee and Eye surgeon, Jaffna Teaching Hospital.|
|Dr. K. Nanthakumaran||Member and Deputy Provincial Director of Health Services- Northern Province.|
|Dr. P. Saththiyalingam||Member and University Medical Officer, University of Vavuniya.|
|Mr. V. Subramaniam||Center Coordinator and Member- Member of National Council for Persons with Disabilities.|
|M/s. P. Thavakiruba||Secretary and Asst Registrar, Administration, University of Vavuniya.|
|Mr. V. Vinoharan||Member, Lecturer, Faculty of Technological Studies, University of Vavuniya.|
|M/s. D. Kulendran||Member and Management Assistant, University of Vavuniya.|
|Mr. Kodeeswaran||Member and Lab Technician, University of Vavuniya.|
|Ms.K.P.S. Pabasara Keerthirathne||Member, Student, University of Vavuniya.|
|Mr. W. M. N. B. K. Weerakkon||Member, Student, University of Vavuniya.|
Ms. R. Puvenendiran – Faculty Coordinators, Faculty of Technological Studies
Mr. S. Arujunan – Faculty Coordinators, faculty of Applied Science.
Ms. S. Piriyatharshan – Faculty Coordinators, Faculty of Business Studies.
|Postal address||SCPD, University of Vavuniya, Pambaimadu, Mannar road, Vavuniya, Sri Lanka.|
Mrs. P. Godwin Phillip
Director / SCPD
mail : email@example.com
TP : +94 24 2228234