University of Vavuniya is calling for applications for research grants for the year 2024 to promote high quality research among staff. The purpose of the research grants is to facilitate innovative and collaborative research, and to make the research outcomes benefitted to the national development. The applicants are requested to make maximum utilization of the grants that are available with the University of Vavuniya.
- Eligibility: Permanent staff members (academics, medical officers and executives) in the university who are eligible for research allowance under the Establishment circular No 5/2014 (i) and 5/2014 (ii) dated 28.05.2014 and 30.05.2014 respectively.
- Amount of Fund: Up to 0.8 million and 0.3 million per research grant for STEM and HEMS disciplines respectively. However, the upper limit of the funding amount can be enhanced depending on the significance of the research and the availability of the fund.
- Period of award: 12 months, with the possible extension of 6 months depending on the satisfactory progress.
- Application process: Duly filled application forms available on URC website and submit through channel from Head of the Department on or before the deadline. A softcopy should be submitted to email@example.com
- Acceptance: The acceptance will be given after the external review process based on the impact of the research and the quality of the proposal.
- Monitoring progress: Bi-annual progress reports should be submitted during the award period. The final report should be submitted in between 12 – 15 months.
Submission Deadline: 31st of December 2023.
The application form and the conditions can be downloaded on the below Link
- GUIDELINES FOR THE AWARD OF RESEARCH GRANTS – 2024
- APPLICATION FOR RESEARCH GRANTS – 2024
- PROGRESS REPORT TEMPLATE